Tuesday, February 12, 2008

"Simple Truth"


VERSE 1:
So many truths,
So many beliefs.
The many differences, each one unique.
What is all the problem?
Why make confusion?
When faith, love, and trust is all that we need.

CHORUS:
One simple message,
One simple way.
Faith, love, and trust,
Is all that He wants.
And that simple truth has always been-
Right in front of us.

VERSE 2:
What’s in religion, but only a name?
Created by man to give his debate.
For spiritual understanding in his own way.
So stop the confusion, and stop the debate.
When faith, love and trust has always been His way.

VERSE 3:
Is it so hard to see?
The simple truth that we need.
So that one day we will see Him in time,
And He will say to us, “That simple truth has always been yours and Mine.”


No matter what the debate is and when all the smoke clears, all believers are in the same body of Christ and it all comes down to three basic principles Jesus wants from us: Faith, Love, and Trust. And I think every believer can agree on that. Though, it concerns me that there are people, in recent news the funeral protesters, who claim to be in the body, but weaken His most important principle of the three: Love. “God help them.”

I Corinthians 12:27: “Together you are the body of Christ. Each one of you is part of His body.” [CEV]

I Corinthians 13:13: “For now there are faith, hope, and love. But of these three the greatest is love.” [CEV]

If you want to see my inspiration for writing this song read my blog, Seeking The Truth. And please, be respectful and do not copy and paste this blog or song. Thank you

6 comments:

Money Maker said...

nice song it really hit the spot. but what do mean by trust? the other two i agree with you but in corinthians it says faith, hope,and love.

Zeek said...

that song sounds so cool. i would like to hear it sometime. you wrote that? very good. do your children know that there father is so musically tatented?

ForwardThought said...

money maker, oftend I consider trust to be in the same realm as hope. If there is a perfect substitute for hope, trust would be at the top of my list.

ForwardThought said...

zeek, I appreciate that you like the song and Yes, I wrote it. Accually, it was the first song I wrote and probably the one I hold more special from all my other ones because of the story behind it. Yes, my children are very aware that they have a musical father, they have seen me play numerous times , plus it has inspired; morever, right now my oldest son's interest in the drums. I enjoy playing my song for anyone who wants to listen, though it has been a while since I have play this particular song, but with a little practice it will easily come back.

ForwardThought said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cap'n Fatback said...

Thank you for sharing your lyrics (and picture of performance!), FW. I think you need a clause explaining what you mean by the "protesters." Much like, say, Islamic suicide bombers, the Westboro folks do a bad job promoting the tenets of their religion by some truly awful actions. At this point, they haven't resorted to physical violence, thankfully . . .

As a language lover, I'm interested in the "hope"/"trust" debate. "Trusting" seems to imply some further degree of emotional commitment than "hoping." When our hopes are dashed, we may despair for a while, but when our trust is violated, it becomes that much harder to trust again.

What other differences do you or Money Maker observe between the terms?